ABB is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion. They also serve customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. ABB is looking for Associate Project Engineer to be a part of the Industrial Automation Business for Energy Industries business line based in Ngodwana, South Africa.
Reference Number: ZA73332441_E1
- Performing basic survey work, standard computations, analysis and basic design tasks. Collecting data and supporting production of the engineering design such as creating drafts for the Project Engineer to approve. Assisting other engineers in the activities such as preparation of permit applications, testing, drawings, computer aided design work. Exercising judgment on limited details of work and on application of standard methods. Preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Identifying variation requests to support contract claims issuing.
- Following work plans and estimating cost in one’s area of responsibility.
- Ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
- Supporting risk assessments and implementing result actions in one’s area of responsibility.
- Documenting and handling technical risks according to mitigation guidelines.
- Clarifying technical queries for customers. Interacting with other staff and contractors within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Collaborating with the Supply Chain function, reviewing vendor documentation, supporting preparation of RFQs, evaluating proposals, maintaining the execution of projects.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Reporting process and tool inefficiencies, along with suggesting ideas for improvement.
- Assigning tasks and coordinating work with technicians and administrative staff.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A National Diploma in Electrical engineering
- 2+ yrs. of experience in Electrical Engineering Design
- Coal fired Power plant experience, AutoCAD knowledge would be
- Ability to understand and solve complex (multi layered) issues
- Project Execution exp
For more details Click HERE