- PRESIDENT BUHARI FLAGS-OFF OF THE KANO – KATSINA – JIBIYA – MARADI RAIL LINE
- AFRICA LOOKS INWARD FOR SOLUTIONS AS CHINESE FUNDING SLOW DOWN
- SPOTLIGHT ON UGANDA'S ROAD, POWER AND WATER SECTOR LEADERS
- 3 COMMUNITY PROJECTS LAUNCHED BY PRESIDENT KENYATTA
- BUILDING BRIDGES INITIATIVES WILL INCREASE GRASSROOT DEVELOPMENT IN KENYA
As the peak international body for engineers, the World Federation of Engineering Organizations is proud to promote diversity, inclusion, and gender equality in engineering. During its 50th Anniversary celebration at UNESCO headquarters in Paris in March 2018, WFEO was proud to announce, with its sponsor GREE Electric Appliances, a new Award to acknowledge and give visibility to outstanding women engineers. The Award recognises women engineers who have shown professional excellence and impact in their work, role models and leaders in their field.
Nominations are invited for outstanding female engineers who have made significant contributions to engineering. Nominations can be submitted by an institution such as a university, an engineering institute or association, a corporate entity, a national and international organization. Nominations must be approved by the president, chief executive officer, head of department at a university or equivalent of the institution. Applications and letters of support from WFEO member or associate organizations will be highly appreciated.
WFEO will not issue letters of support, being one of the promoters of the initiative.
Self-nominations are not accepted.
Deadline for submitting application is Sunday 14 February 2021.