- 10th Young Professionals Sustainability Imbizo happening In-Person
- ENGINEERS READY FOR BRIDGE CONNECTION PROJECT IN LIBERIA
- GHANA PRESIDENT CUT SOD FOR VACCINE MANUFACTURING FACILTIES IN RWANDA
- CONSTRUCTION OF TWO MINISTRY IN NAMIBIA ABANDONED DUE TO POOR WORKMANSHIP
- ETHIOPIA TELL EU TO RECONSIDER ITS BIASE STANCE ON GERD PROJECT
In a bid to promote the much needed support for the dam, Ethiopian Diaspora Association has called on the diaspora to strengthen their support to the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD).
The call was made by Ethiopian Diaspora Association Chief Executive Officer, Abraham Seyoum, who stated that the support can either be through various forms of assistance, including financial and diplomatic efforts.
Quoting Seyoum, “Beyond saying ‘One Voice for Our Dam’ we should purchase the GERD bond, contribute in our knowledge as well as advocate and lobby for fair utilization of Abbay River regionally and internationally.”
According to him, much is expected from Ethiopians and the diaspora in creating awareness on the country’s firm determination to benefit from the river in fair and reasonable manner among the Nile Basin countries.
So far it is believed that since the commencement of the construction of the dam, the Ethiopian Diaspora have contributed over USD 28.4m (one billion birr) for the GERD.
Meanwhile, Ethiopia has recently completed the initial filling of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam with the 4.9 billion cubic meters of water that would enable it to test two turbines.
Read full details on ENA