- CONTRACT AWARDED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF KATSINA-DUTSIN-MA-KANKARA ROAD
- LARGEST LUXURY HOUSING ESTATE IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA DEVELOPED BY A GAMBIAN
- JESHIKA RAMCHUND SPEAKS ON THE NEED TO MAKE STEM AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP A FIRST CHOICE
- YOUNG ENGINEERS LEADING THE WAY: VIDEO CAMPAIGN
- EXPERTS ANALYSE THE KEY TO AFRICA'S POST COVID-19 ECONOMIC PROSPERITY
China has granted some debt relief to Democratic Republic of Congo to help it overcome economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic, the Congolese foreign ministry said on Wednesday.
As a result, Congo will not have to repay its interest-free loans from China that matured at the end of 2020. The ministry did not say how much this amounted to.
China has extended debt relief worth over $2 billion to developing countries under a G20 framework aimed at giving those hammered by the COVID-19 crisis some financial breathing space.