Chilewa Investments Limited acts as intermediaries to recruit, build capacities, train and manage competent contract staffs, lease equipment and provide transportation services, and also mediate for Oil & Gas companies.
Chilewa Investments Limited, a manpower and Oil & Gas logistics support services provider, is currently recruiting for a CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER to an Exploration and Production (E&P) Company in Port Harcourt.
The E&P company, is a company operating in the upstream sector of the Nigerian hydrocarbon industry for more than 50 years and also accounting for over 3 billion barrels of oil equivalent to Nigeria’s production to date.
Services to be performed shall include the following, but without limitation:
• Ensure effective and timely response to CIVIL/STRUCTURAL technical queries and verify compliance with company procedures
• Validate civil/structural design studies by ensuring that they are accurate and meet overall statement of requirements.
• Ensure awareness and compliance of HSE rules and regulations by contractors.
• Carry out preliminary, basic and detailed engineering studies/in-house design for the Civil and Structural Engineering discipline for on/offshore projects.
• Supervise engineering and installation works performed by contractors for on/offshore projects.
• Interacts with third parties such as certifying bodies, Marine Warranty Surveyors, Regulators, etc. in assuring Civil/Structural deliverables.
• Quality Control and Assure Civil/Structural deliverables.
• Prepare Civil and Structural General Arrangement Drawings, Specifications, Material Take Off, Design Reports,
and other relevant deliverables.
• Support Technical Evaluation of Civil/Structural Engineering Contractors/Vendors.
• Prepare Civil and Structural Engineering Scope of Work and Cost Estimating, and support Call For Tenders (CFT).
• Interface with Procurement Dept., Survey and Geomatics, and Projects & Construction sections for resolution of
Civil and Structural Engineering concerns.
• Review and ensure that Civil and Structural Engineering deliverables conform with relevant National Standards,
Project Particular Specifications, TOTAL Rules/Specifications, and International Standards.
• Contribute to Safety Reviews such as Hazard Identification Studies (HAZID).
• Participate and contribute in Job Risk Assessments (JRA), Constructability reviews, and others as required.
• Ensure and promote the application of the Company HSE rules and specifications
• Participate in HSE meetings as required
• Promote safety culture within Company personnel and contractors as well as the reporting of anomalies
• Ensure and monitor the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the environment.
SERVICE PERSONNEL PROFILE
• Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with 10 —15 years cognate experience
in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Proficiency in the use of relevant Computer Programs (AutoCAD, STAADPro, SACS, NSO (Fastrudl, Isymost).
• Proficient use of PDMS is an advantage.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards (British Standards, Eurocodes, ISO, API, DNV, etc.)
• Good interpersonal and Communication Skills.
SERVICE Scheme and Location:
• Port Harcourt office with occasional visits on/offshore.
• Standard office hours, 5 days a week.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should therefore send their curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: CV file name should be in the following format: “Position Applied for – Your Name”
Example: “CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER – John Doe”
DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY 30TH OCTOBER 2019