- KeNHA ANNOUNCED CLOSURE OF LANG'ATA ROAD FOR FOOTBRIDGE ERECTION IN KENYA
- ETHIOPIA PRIME MINSTER INAUGURATE NEWLY BUILT SCIENCE MUSEUM
- NIGERIA FIRST LADY CALLS FOR GOVT. TO TAKE OVER CONSTRUCTION OF PTSD MEDICAL CENTRE
- HOW AFRICA's OIL & GAS RESOURCES CAN HELP ACCELERATE ENERGY SECURITY
- GHANA ENGINEERING INSTITUTE SAYS MEMBERS NEEDS TO FIND INNOVATIVE SOLUTION TO DIFFERENT PROJECT
The construction of Zomba stadium which was expected to be completed on October 5 will actually take longer according to Public Relations Officer for Zomba City Council, Mercy Chaluma.
The project had first faced financial problems then later it was affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. These made the project to stall as the construction site workers was reduced due to the health guildlines.
Speaking to a radio station, Chaluma said “The project has been facing a number of hiccups. First it was the issue of finances, then the design had to be changed and later the contractor removed working equipment and workers when the issue of Covid-19 surfaced.”
So far only 30% of the work has been completed. Area completed are the community hall and the VIP stand, as the contractor is now working on open stands.
Source: Nyasa times