- GHANA PRESIDENT VISIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AT ADENTAN MUNICIPALITY
- PROVISION OF BUYER SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- COILED TUBING AND PUMPING FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- OPERATIONS WIRELINE SUPERINTENDENCE AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- POWER-2-POWER SUMMIT 2019
Kenya Government signs US$582m contract for construction of Thakwe multi-purpose dam.
The county governments of Makueni and Kitui in Kenya have signed a US$582m contract with China Gezhouba Group Company to construct the Thwake Multi-Purpose Dam.
Thakwe Dam which is currently the largest project of its kind in East Africa, will commence in 3 months time and will provide clean water to over 1.3 million people as it will store over 150,000 cubic meters of water, some of which will be used for irrigation purposes.
The Project will provide Over 1,800 direct jobs and 6,000 indirect jobs especially for the youths. Also about 30,00 local suppliers will benefit from the project.
The dam will be the source of water for the proposed Konza ICT City. Other areas benefiting from the dam are Kathonzweni, Wote, Kibwezi and the neighbouring areas in Makueni County and the Yatta Plateau in Kitui County.