- CONSULTANCY FIRM APPOINTED TO DESIGN THE GAMBIA 50KM URBAN ROAD PROJECT
- FACING WORK AT MAURITIUS's RICHELIEU OPEN PRISON TO BE COMPLETED IN 2021
- PROTEST ERUPTS AFTER GOVT. FAILED PROMISE IN SA
- PROVISION OF SUBSEA INTERVENTION VESSEL IN SUPPORT OF DEEPWATER OPERATIONS
- PROVISION OF RIG AND DRILLING ANCILLIARY SERVICES FOR WESTERN ASSETS
Kenya Government signs US$582m contract for construction of Thakwe multi-purpose dam.
The county governments of Makueni and Kitui in Kenya have signed a US$582m contract with China Gezhouba Group Company to construct the Thwake Multi-Purpose Dam.
Thakwe Dam which is currently the largest project of its kind in East Africa, will commence in 3 months time and will provide clean water to over 1.3 million people as it will store over 150,000 cubic meters of water, some of which will be used for irrigation purposes.
The Project will provide Over 1,800 direct jobs and 6,000 indirect jobs especially for the youths. Also about 30,00 local suppliers will benefit from the project.
The dam will be the source of water for the proposed Konza ICT City. Other areas benefiting from the dam are Kathonzweni, Wote, Kibwezi and the neighbouring areas in Makueni County and the Yatta Plateau in Kitui County.