- BIG AND BOLD: SMART TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMS ACCESS TO ENERGY
- NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR BOSCH EAST AFRICA - A MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONSULTING ENGINEERING FIRM
- BOTSWANA SEEKS FUNDING FOR 125KM RAIL LINK TO BOOST EXPORT OPPORTUNITIES
- PRESIDENT EL-SISI INSPECTS ROAD CONSTRUCTION THAT WILL SUPPORT ONGOING GIANT NATIONAL PROJECTS
- CESA STRONGLY CONDEMNS THE ACTIONS OF VANDALS AMID COVID PANDEMIC
Joseph Makoju (Mr Cement) set to retire as Dangote Cement Group MD and CEO after 45 years in the Industry
Retirement is one thing every individuals gets to experience in the cause of their working career. So in the case of Dangote Cement Group MD and CEO, Joseph Makoju there is not exception. The man popularly called ”Mr Cement” is set to bow out in style after 45 years in the cement industry.
The retirement is set to bring mix reaction from workers, but in life moving on is a sign of great things even if it bring both a positive and negative outcome.
However with his retirement, the group has moved to appoint Michel Puchercos as group CEO. Mr Puchercos will resume with immediate effective from February 1 2020. Upon his new appointment, Mr Puchercos was the group managing director and country CEO of Lafarge Africa.
Meanwhile, Joseph Makoju also known as Mr Cement, holds a BSc honours degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nottingham and an MPhil in Mechanical Engineering from the same university.
He served as special adviser (Electric Power) to the president, Federal Republic of Nigeria under two separate administrations. While becoming pioneer chairman of the board of the West African Power Pool for eight years.
He holds a number of awards including a national honour from the Federal Republic of Nigeria – Officer of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (OFR) and a national honour from the Republic of Niger – Grand Commander of the Special Order of Merit (GCSO).