- GHANA PRESIDENT VISIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AT ADENTAN MUNICIPALITY
- PROVISION OF BUYER SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- COILED TUBING AND PUMPING FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- OPERATIONS WIRELINE SUPERINTENDENCE AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- POWER-2-POWER SUMMIT 2019
Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe is celebrating its 43 years of independence from Portugal (July 12, 1975.)
São Tomé and Príncipe is Africa’s tiniest Portuguese-speaking island country. It is located in the Gulf of Guinea near Central Africa’s western equatorial coast. Sao Tome and Principe is a country consisting of two small islands and also smaller islets sitting off the Western coast of Africa in the Atlantic Ocean. They gained independence from Portugal in 1975. It is a picturesque town consisting of colonial Portuguese architectural tradition and also many attractive parks.
- The island of Sao Tome was named after Saint Thomas by the Portuguese explorers who happened to arrive at the island at the saint’s feast day.
- In the island of Sao Tome and Principe all the volcanoes are extinct meaning they no longer erupt.
- The island was discovered by JOAO DE SANTAREM AND PEDRO ESCOBAR.
- Portuguese is the official language of Sao Tome & Principe nation.
- The island nation has a long history of domination of the slave trade and also slave-worked plantations of various crops.
- Sao Tome and Principe is the second-smallest African country by population. It is also the smallest of all Portuguese-speaking countries.
- The island nation is home to a large number of birds and plants, including the world’s smallest ibis and the world’s largest sunbird and many other giant species of Begonia.
- Cocoa is the main crop of the island nation and it also represents 95% of the country’s export. Other export crops include copra, palm kernels and coffee.
- You’ll need to exchange your money for Dobra if you wish to be sipping a cool drink on the sandy beaches.
- The people here are very friendly. Its quite safe to go out in the park at night or even sleep at the beach.
São Toméan culture is a mixture of African and Portuguese influences.