- SECURING SUSTAINABLE, QUALITY, AND INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS BY AFRICANS, FOR AFRICA
- STADE DE YAMOUSSOUKRO CONSTRUCTION IS NEARING COMPLETION
- EGYPT’S NEW CAR MARKET CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 4,000 CARS
- PHOTO UPDATE: CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND IN ADDIS ABABA
- ESWATINI LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE REHABILITATION OF ROADS
The construction of a drive-through over Chemu lagoon is set to kick-off. This was announced by Metropolitan Chief Executive of Accra Metro, Mohammed Adjei Sowah.
According to the major, the government plans to construct a permanent concrete bridge over the Chemu Lagoon to connect Ablekuma West and Ablekuma South constituencies in Accra. These is after the only bridge on the lagoon was swept away.
He said the the contractor has already cordoned off the area for the construction of the new permanent bridge. That it will not be a footbridge but a drive-through bridge to connect to the Dansoman area from Chorkor.
The former bridge collapsed following a downpour in Accra. This has cut off the easy movement of people from the two communities who frequent the two areas.
Speaking to the media, Sowah said “There’s high traffic on this corridor and it [the bridge] ought to be done. We are hoping that by next week, the contractor will be on site. It will be done ASAP so that movement will be free”.
The new bridge is done under the Coastal Development Authority as a “very important project”. Below is a video clips of the nature of the area