- SOUTH AFRICA MOVES TO LEVEL 3, WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY?
- 45000 METRIC TONNES CASSAVA PROCESSING PLANT COMMISSIONED IN NIGERIA
- KENYA's KASARANI-MWIKI ROAD REPAIR BEGINS
- RESIDENT FLEE COMMUNITY AFTER CAMEROON MILITARY BEGAN CONSTRUCTION OF BASE
- NHC MOROCCO SQUARE TOWER CONSTRUCTION RESUME IN TANZANIA
New capital city construction in progress due to future population increase in Cairo.
Egypt are spending US$58BN to construct an entire new capital city from scratch. The city which name is yet unknown will be located 45 kilometers (28 miles) east of Cairo.
The aim for the project is to relieve congestion in Cairo, which is already one of the world’s most crowded cities. According to the plan, the city would become the new administrative and financial capital of Egypt. It will house the main government departments and ministries, as well as foreign embassies.
— The B1M (@TheB1M) October 20, 2019
The city is planned to consist of 21 residential districts and 25 “dedicated districts”. It will also have a park double the size of New York City’s Central Park, artificial lakes. This city will have about 2,000 educational institutions, a technology and innovation park, 663 hospitals and clinics, 1,250 mosques and churches, 40,000 hotel rooms.
Listen to the video for more insight about the proposed new capital city.