- SECURING SUSTAINABLE, QUALITY, AND INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS BY AFRICANS, FOR AFRICA
- STADE DE YAMOUSSOUKRO CONSTRUCTION IS NEARING COMPLETION
- EGYPT’S NEW CAR MARKET CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 4,000 CARS
- PHOTO UPDATE: CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND IN ADDIS ABABA
- ESWATINI LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE REHABILITATION OF ROADS
Egypt’s Minister of Transportation Kamel al-Wazir on Saturday inspected work being done on the al-Salam/Administrative Capital/10th of Ramadan monorail, which is scheduled to start operating in October.
Wazir met with engineers, workers and technicians, and conveyed to them President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi’s congratulations for Labor Day.
He stressed on the importance of working around the clock to get the project done by schedule and to the utmost quality.
These trains are expected to contribute to overhauling the transportation system, positively impacting the livelihood of citizens by allowing them to move between the edges of the new urban cities with ease, saving time and increasing their welfare.
The Cairo Monorail is a two-line monorail rapid transit system currently under construction in Cairo, Egypt. The two lines will create the first public transport links from the New Administrative Capital and 6th of October City to the Cairo metropolitan area when the project is complete. Total length of 98.5 kilometers, comprising 34 stations. The project is set to be inaugurated in 2023.
Source: Egypt Independent