Vacancy at Newmont Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname. The mining company is currently looking for ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN to join their Ghana team.
The role is to conduct electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities for the underground mine. This is to ensure that the equipment is maintained and is also available for use. And also to help in delivering optimum plant and equipment availability, while minimizing unplanned maintenance tasks and reducing maintenance costs.
Location: Brong-Ahafo Region, BA, Ghana.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AT NEWMONT
- General Electrical Maintenance Duties
- Electrical Maintenance Management
- Health and Safety Management
- Communication and Information Management
- Electrical Engineering Technician II certificate is required as a minimum.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CMMS/ERP and also MS Project.
- Post trade qualifications in a relevant field are highly desirable.
- Demonstrate good report writing skills.
- Team worker.
- Flexible in the approach to work.
- Deliver work to a high standard of quality.
- Safety conscious.
- Personal Protective Equipment(PPE): such; as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask for safety during work.
- Work Environment: The employee will be working in the underground and also operate in a safety-critical environment.
- Finally, the position is in a very remote location.
NOTE: Newmont do not ask job applicants to pay money, to apply for job in the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes.
For more details click Here