Bosch Projects (Pty) Ltd, a member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings group of companies, founded in 1961, has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer / Technologist. This position will be based in Durban and will report directly to the Divisional Manager: Electrical and Instrumentation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development and management of electrical project specific documentation such as enquiries, tenders and contracts;
- Ensuring technical requirements defined in the contract are properly incorporated into the engineering deliverables;
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of industrial power systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures;
- Designing site-specific equipment as required;
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of industrial power systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements;
- Managing and forecasting spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget;
- Monitoring the execution of the electrical aspects of the quality assurance program for conformance to project requirements;
- Assisting with and managing commissioning coordination, commissioning activities and start up;
- Developing maintaining and enhancing engineering tools, calculations or software used in the course of the engineering activities of the company;
- Participation in engineering activities and interdisciplinary interfaces in close cooperation with the other discipline engineers.
The ideal Candidate should:
- Have a B.Sc. / B. Eng. (Electrical, heavy current) / B Tech (Electrical, heavy current);
- Be registerable as a professional Engineer / professional Technologist with ECSA;
- Be a member of the South African Institute of Electrical Engineers (preferable);
- Have a minimum of 4 years engineering experience in the heavy industrial environment (generation, PFC, substations, power systems, MCC’s / LV assemblies etc.) within a consultancy, engineering services company, or in
an operating company with project engineering or technical support duties;
- Have effective computer skills using Microsoft Office software and specialist engineering simulation software such as PowaMaster, Dig Silient Power Factory, CAD, Relux or others such as Revit etc;
- Have excellent report writing skills;
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have effective interpersonal skills for interface with the client and working in a project team;
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Be prepared to travel within and outside RSA borders, in some cases for a few weeks;
- Be fit to travel outside RSA borders and also fit to pass medical assessments to enter industrial plants;
- Have a valid driver’s license and his / her own vehicle.
Apply by sending a concise CV, including salary expectation and availability to: Chantall Venter | Email: Careers@boschholdings.co.za
Closing date: 27th January 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.