At AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. AECOM’s Middle East and Africa Environment team is looking to recruit an ESIA professional to join our South African team. AECOM’s also ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture through programs supported by company leadership.
JOB DESCRIPTION AT AECOM
- The successful candidate will undertake the following illustrative roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of and support in the delivery of ESIA projects to ensure projects are delivered on time and to the highest standard
- Understand and implement project management principles and fully appreciate the need to work within project budgets
- Assist in the project management and preparation of project documents including Scoping Reports and related technical studies in accordance with project timescales
- Assist in the production of ESIA reports, and Non-Technical Summaries
- Analyse data effectively and carry out desk based studies when required
- Assist with the planning and execution of baseline surveys
- Assist with the definition of scopes of work for technical studies and review of the completed studies
- Participate in team meetings and other meetings as and when required
- Prioritise project actions and meet commitments on an on-going basis while taking ownership and responsibility for the quality and completion of work
- Assist in the production of ESIA Work Plans, Survey Execution Plans and other Project Management documents as required
- Keep up to date with relevant environmental legislation, policy and guidance
- Research issues as part of the ESIA process and to provide ideas, solutions and expertise to the ESIA team
- Support business development through assistance with the production of Expressions of Interest and tenders, and to continuously improve our service offering for our clients
- Understand and comply with quality and health & safety requirements and ensure these are addressed throughout a project
- Experience in ESIA in the oil and gas and/or infrastructure sector
- Highly motivated and able to work with limited direction
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Competency in a second language, spoken including French, Russian, Spanish or Arabic, would be advantageous.
- You will be required to travel internationally, occasionally at short notice, but will be UK based.
- You will have a good first degree and a second degree in an appropriate environmental, scientific or engineering discipline.
For more details click HERE