- SECURING SUSTAINABLE, QUALITY, AND INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS BY AFRICANS, FOR AFRICA
- STADE DE YAMOUSSOUKRO CONSTRUCTION IS NEARING COMPLETION
- EGYPT’S NEW CAR MARKET CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 4,000 CARS
- PHOTO UPDATE: CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND IN ADDIS ABABA
- ESWATINI LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE REHABILITATION OF ROADS
Essau district Hospital for the past couple of years has been seriously in a poor state. It has struggling to refer patients to Banjul coupled with the ferry crossing problems. With that view in mind, the Minister of Health Dr. Ahmadou Lamin Samateh announced in February 2020 that the hospital will the renovated.
According to him, the ministry is working with United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) to make Essau District Hospital fully operational.
It was reported in February that the Ministry of Health team and UNFPA embark on regular site visits to check on the progress of the refurbishment of the Operating Theatre and Staff Headquarters.
Now the Ministry has awarded the contract for the renovation of the entire Essau district Hospital. The renovation which is worth US$184,483.47 (D9, 415,000 dalasi) was awarded to Mansa Construction.
Speaking during the ceremony, Health Minister, Dr Ahmadou Lamin Samateh said “We want things to be better in the country and the only way we can do that is to always provide quality service”.
He also task contractor to provide standard and quality work at the hospital. While also thank UNFPA for their support towards the construction of the Theatre and one of the staff quarters at the hospital which is already completed.