- ARISE IIP DELIVERS TOGO'S FIRST INDUSTRIAL PLATFORM, PIA
- TALKS INTENSIFY FOR $570 MILLION POWER TRANSMISSION LINE ACROSS WEST AFRICA
- FRAZER SOLAR TAKES ACTION AGAINST LESOTHO FOR FAILED CONTRACT
- EGYPTIAN PRESIDENCY DISCUSSES DEVELOPMENT OF ROADS, RAILWAYS AND SEAPORTS
- CWP AND MAURITANIA SIGN MOU FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A US$40 BILLION GREEN HYDROGEN PROJECT
- This event has passed.
Power Purchase Agreement (Online Course)
May 10 @ 10:00 am - May 18 @ 5:00 pm
Structuring successful PPAs, managing competitive electricity markets & attracting merchant power investments
There are many moving pieces affecting the future of electric power development in emerging market. Unlike the past Independent Power Project models, which featured standardised take-or-pay contracts – today’s market demands more innovative incentives to ensure better availability, better performance, as well as more attractive and sustainable mixtures of fuel sources. Economies throughout developing countries urgently need to master the key tools, models, and lessons learned for transforming and strengthening today’s electricity sector. These include the latest models in negotiating Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), in designing and managing new competitive power markets, as well as attracting the right mix of renewable energy sources.
This live online training course gives you clear explanations of the new models of PPA risk allocation, of designing and managing competitive power markets, attracting private investments in renewable energy, through a series of real case examples of contracts and markets. Case Studies will include real examples from Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe and North America. Furthermore, cases stimulate independent thinking and discussion among participants.