At Total South Africa, the safety of people and operations, environmental protection, customer satisfaction and listening to stakeholders are core concerns. Total is looking for Fuel Controller to supervise operation at their South African office.
To supervise the operation of the depot within the framework of relevant legislation and regulations governing the Industry. Thus ensuring high customer service levels with the aim of contributing to the effective management and efficient operation of the terminal.
- Supervise and handle the pipeline and road replenishment operations of the plant. To ensure all depot and products received and handled are done so safely and efficiently thereby contributing to improved controls.
- Stock levels are maintained at set targets to minimise working capital requirements and to meet supply demands.
- Effective stock control to ensure: Stock gains/losses are within accepted norms/standards to minimise stock losses. Products are reconciled daily to maintain quality control.
- Control the loading and issuing of all product in the plant to ensure: The right product, in the right time, at the right quantity against set service levels and transport KPI’s to meet customer requirements and improve the efficiency and optimisation of the transport.
- Prepare incident/accident reports and perform regular gantry inspections for non-compliance by drivers to Work Instruction, housekeeping and vehicle operating requirements to ensure a reduction in incidents and compliance to transport legislation.
- Control the drain-back of product by checking tank capacities, correct pumping and completing relevant documentation to ensure no contamination of the tanks and effective stock and quality control.
- Ensure SSAM balances on a daily basis and all gains or losses out of norm are investigated and reported to the Terminal supervisor/ Manager.
- Assist with the practical training of Operations and Management trainees and employees from other depots through on-the-job training and rotation within the plant that will result in meeting the objective of the training programme.
- Inspect road bridges to ensure they are offloaded as per work instructions to avoid spills and contamination.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably requested by the Terminal Supervisor or Manager.
To effectively manage and minimize the risk associated with depot operations by ensuring:
- compliance with all HSE Policies, rules, guidelines and legal requirements within area of responsibility;
- promotion of safe working environment and positively contributing to the company HSE KPI’s and risk reduction strategies;
- that HSE competency requirements are enforced within area of responsibility.
- Comply to OHS-ACT 1 Appoint 8.2i b) legal compliance to national, environmental and local laws c) appointment and monitoring of Health and Safety Committees (including: Safety Officer, Fire Team and First Aid)
- Assist with the Optimising of TSA’s use of Depot assets and ensure compliance to NERSA licence conditions.
For more details click HERE