- PROVISION OF WIRELINE LOGGING SERVICES AND MUD LOGGING SERVICES
- TENDER OPPORTUNITY: IMPLEMENTATION OF TETRA COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK IN SPDC
- THE NIGERIAN BUILT INDUSTRY IN THE POST COVID-19 ERA
- CONSTRUCTION OF THE GENERAL SEYNI KOUNTCHE BRIDGE - NAIMEY, NIGER
- EARLY SIGNS OF STABILITY IN GUINEA-BISSAU GIVES HOPE FOR DEVELOPMENT
Ghana Government though the ministry of Railway has announced plans to order 35 trains to the nation.
Minister of Railway development, Joe Ghartey made the statement during a Port’s interactive programme on national television. According to Ghartey, about US$130m has been approve to purchasd the trains from a company in China.
He noted that a technical committee of the Ministry is engaging their counterparts in China to agree on the specifications on the trains.
He also revealed that the Ministry is purchasing more standard gauge for two reasons.
“Standard gauge is what the African Union and ECOWAS have said that the entire Africa should use so that we can have train that will set off from Djibouti and come all the way to Ghana. That in East Africa, they are doing cross country railway line.”
He further stated that they will be are seeking advice from the Ghana Railway Company Limited for them to tell us how many trains they will need.
Read details on GhananiaTimes