- CONTRACT AWARDED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF KATSINA-DUTSIN-MA-KANKARA ROAD
- LARGEST LUXURY HOUSING ESTATE IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA DEVELOPED BY A GAMBIAN
- JESHIKA RAMCHUND SPEAKS ON THE NEED TO MAKE STEM AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP A FIRST CHOICE
- YOUNG ENGINEERS LEADING THE WAY: VIDEO CAMPAIGN
- EXPERTS ANALYSE THE KEY TO AFRICA'S POST COVID-19 ECONOMIC PROSPERITY
President Akufo-Addo has commissioned the nation first micro power generating station in Tsatsadu, Alavanyo of the Volta Region.
Speaking during the ceremony, President Akufo-addo said the 45kw Tsatsadu hydro power generating station will “provide power for rapid economic development in Alavanyo.”
He also noted that he had directed the Ministry of Energy, together with the Bui Power Authority, to re-develop the hydro power generating stations, including that at Tsatsasu.
The Tsatsadu project was initially designed as a 30kW stand-alone system, however after an additional studies was carried-out, it was then redesigned and upgraded to a 45kW grid-connection system.
According to the President, the construction of the power generating station did not have any adverse impact on the environment, adding that, since its energy source is green, it will have no carbon emissions.
Source: Ghana Presidency