- SOUTH AFRICA MOVES TO LEVEL 3, WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY?
- 45000 METRIC TONNES CASSAVA PROCESSING PLANT COMMISSIONED IN NIGERIA
- KENYA's KASARANI-MWIKI ROAD REPAIR BEGINS
- RESIDENT FLEE COMMUNITY AFTER CAMEROON MILITARY BEGAN CONSTRUCTION OF BASE
- NHC MOROCCO SQUARE TOWER CONSTRUCTION RESUME IN TANZANIA
Ghana sign credit facility deal with Czech Republic to provide 50 steel bridges.
In a bid to improve steel component for the construction of new bridge, Ghana has sign a deal with Czech Republic. This deal which is a 47 million Euro credit facility will make Czech Republic to provide 50 steel bridges.
The steel bridge will be provided for selected communities across the country. It will also satisfying the basic human needs by increasing accessibility to hospitals, schools and other social/cultural facilities.
Speaking during the press briefing, Minister for Information, Mr. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah said the agreement was part of the government’s programmes toward infrastructural development across the 16 regions of the country.
Kojo Oppong Nkrumah said ”The core objectives of the project include satisfying the basic human needs. It will also remove traffic bottlenecks at river crossings and improve the movement of goods and people within the areas of influence.”
According to the agreement, the Department of Feeder Roads and the Ghana Highway Authority will construct 20 bridges each while Department of Urban Roads will constructs 10 bridges.
The project will be complete in 24 months time from the commencement date.