Subsea7 are a globally diverse group of experts with over 80 nationalities across 36 countries. Subsea7 create sustainable value by being the industry’s partner and employer of choice. They help in delivering the efficient offshore solutions the world needs. Subsea7 is looking for GRADUATE ENGINEER to join their Nigeria office.
Under supervision, a Graduate Engineer assists more senior engineers to produce detailed engineering relevant to his/her area of specialism. The work scope may include supporting studies and tenders as well as live projects.
The Graduate Engineer will participate in the Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS) involving off-the-job training, on-the-job development, mentoring and self-development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Under direct supervision, produces engineering deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and 3rd-party submissions.
- Consolidates knowledge in areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Limited awareness of clients’ needs; addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Assists in the production of technical documentation.
- Makes effort to become aware of all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements.
- Participates in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a junior capacity.
- Recognises the objectives for professional development.
- Adheres to the training requirements of the GEDS.
- Additional responsibilities/activities specific to the appropriate Engineering Centre may be added as applicable. For example: Participate in offshore assignments as required by project placement.
- Accept increasing responsibility as more experience is gained Actively seek and execute challenging work tasks Originate documents such as analysis reports, procedures, drawings, Change Control Forms, Dive plans etc.
- Act as company representative at such events as load tests, trial fit-ups etc. Carry out other duties of a Professional Engineer under the supervision and/or approval of a more senior Engineer.
- Prepare and present, Task Risk Assessments, HAZOPs etc. when assigned Prepare procedures and other documents to satisfy company and industry Health and Safety Standards.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience
- Ability to function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Understanding of Pipelines and risers will be added advantage.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Be aware of interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers. Manage change control within own remit on a project.
- Can work within time/budget constraints Commitment to Company Values
- This Role Profile outlines the main areas of responsibility; however the role holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities from time to time.
For more details click Here