- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021: ENCOURAGING THE TOUGH DISCUSSIONS NEEDED TO DRIVE SA’S ECONOMIC RECOVERY
- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021 DAY 2 HIGHLIGHTS COMPLEX REALITIES OF PROFESSIONALISING THE PUBLIC SERVICE: GROUP EFFORT ESSENTIAL TO PREVENT A FAILED STATE
- IS AFRICA’S ENERGY SECTOR READY FOR MORE DATA CENTRES?
- USD 13.9MILLION ELECTRICITY PROJECT INAUGURATED TO SUPPLY MORE THAN 12,000 HOMES IN COMOROS
- FIRST HOSPITAL SPECIALISED IN MATERNITY AND CHILDREN IN THE HORN OF AFRICA, DJIBOUTI
Thursday July 15, 2021, at Zawaciki, in Dawakin Kudu Local Government Area of Kano State, President Muhammed Buhari performed the ground-breaking ceremony for the Kano–Kaduna segment of the Lagos–Kano railway modernization project.
The ground-breaking signifies an important milestone of the construction of the third segment, following our completion and commencement of commercial operations on the first segment (Abuja–Kaduna) and, recently, the second segment (Lagos–Ibadan).
This project is crucial to the establishment of a supply chain in railway transport within its corridor, Kano-Kaduna-Abuja, as it links the major commercial cities of Kano and Kaduna to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Upon completion, Kaduna-Kano railway project is to link the Lagos–Ibadan Railway project via Abuja, Minna, Ilorin, Oshogbo, Ibadan to Lagos on one end (including a Link to the Tin Can Island Port); and Maradi, Niger Republic, on the other. This railway connection when completed will establish the ports in Lagos, as the choice for import and export business of the people of landlocked Niger Republic.
We also expect that the Inland Dry Ports on the Lagos-Kano Line route will be activated, with these ports serving as ports of destination receiving imports directly from the international market.
I commend the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, the Ministry, and all the project implementation partners contributing to this national effort of railway infrastructure development. Our administration will not relent in this task of transforming and modernizing every aspect of Nigeria’s national transport infrastructure.
Source: Muhammadu Buhari