- WINDER VACANCY AT GE ELECTRIC, ALGERIA
- CHINA OFFERED TO REBUILD INFRASTRUCTURE IN CHIMANIMANI AFTER CYCLONE IDAI
- MAINTENANCE METHODS ENGINEER AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- WELLHEAD AND XMAS TREE FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- NIGERIA GOVERNMENT APPROVES CONSTRUCTION OF NEW UNIVERSITY BUILDING
The Intra-African Trade Fair is the first of its kind in Africa bringing together businesses from across Africa. The fair happened in Cairo, Egypt from 11-17 December 2018.
The 7-day trade fair provides a platform for sharing trade, investment and market information and enabling buyers and sellers, investors and countries to meet, discuss and conclude business deals. In the same way, the Afrexim Bank and African Union are promoting the fair
Afrexim Bank is the trade finance bank for Africa, established in October 1993 to finance and promote Intra- and Extra-African Trade. While African Union envisions “an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in global arena.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The theme for this year’s conference is “Transforming Africa”. In line with transforming Africa, topical sessions were exploring and digesting the theme. Below are some of the topical sessions;
- Aligning the interests of Governments & Industry on Trade and Investment in Africa
- Using trade to achieve economic transformation: What needs to be done to achieve concrete results under the AfCFTA?
- Russia-Africa Partnership and Strategic Cooperation in Trade and Economic Relations
- Improving the Environment for Enhancing Intra-African and South-South Trade Financing
See more here https://iatf.afreximbankevents.com/programme/
Speaking at the inauguration, the Egypt’s Minister of Trade and Industry, Amr Nassar said, “The IATF is the first of its kind trade fair in Africa, focusing on African trade promotion strategy to support and encourage the production of goods and services.”
Furthermore, addressing guests at the opening ceremony, H.E. Obasanjo (former President of Nigeria) thanked everyone. Especially those who believed in the ideals of the INTRA-AFRICAN TRADE FAIR and who made the trip to attend.
Day 1 saw the signing of several important agreements and the start of new initiatives. For example, Tony Elumelu, Chairman of Heirs Holdings in warm handshake with Prof. Benedict Oramah, President Afreximbank after signing a US $600 million financing facilities.
Yeaaa… It wasn’t all serious economic talk and deal signing! In fact, there were beautiful models showcasing African print as well.
Football star, entrepreneur & philanthropist Didier Drogba, receiving a IATF Ambassador Award from Jean-Louis Ekra, Former Afreximbank President. He said, “I am here to promote trade between us as Africans because most of the time, we are quick to trade with other continents and not with each other,”. In addition, he said. “I know that we have the potential and everything in our hands, to make it happen. We need to come out of our comfort zones and believe that we can do more”.
Finally, at the closing ceremony, Prof Benedict Oramah thanks the Advisory Council for their contribution to making the trade fair a success. He also thanks all the trade fair partners and sponsors for their support, time and knowledge, and for believing in the vision of the trade fair. Thereafter, H.E Obasanjo announced Rwanda as the 2020 host for the trade fair.