- NIGERIAN NAVY FLAG OFF CONSTRUCTION OF 237 HOUSING UNIT
- MALAWI WORKS MINISTERS SAYS ROAD CONSTRUCTION TO RESUME AFTER RAINNY SEASONS
- TARURA TASKED TO TAKE DISCIPLINARY ACTION AGANIST HOTELITATU-PANDE ROAD CONTRACTORS
- KNDA EMBARKED ON RECONSTRUCTION OF MAJOR ROADS IN GHANA
- UGANDA GOVT. HANDOVER LICENCE TO EACOP FOR CONSTRUCTION OF OIL PIPELINE
Ethiopia 100MW Solar farm project to get US$120m from Italian Firm.
An Italian multinational manufacturer and distributor of electricity and gas, Enel Electricity Company whose Enel Green Power unit lead a consortium has been selected as the preferred bidder for a 100 megawatt solar farm in Ethiopia.
The Consortium which also includes Ethiopian infrastructure company Orchid Business Group is to invest US$120 million in the project.
Antonio Cammisecra, Enel Green Power boss said Ethiopia, which Africa’s most populous state after Nigeria, with an annual economic growth rate of around 10 percent has all the potential to become a key market for Enel’s strategy in Africa, though it has one of the lowest electrification rates on the continent.
Enel, controls Spain’s Endesa, and is keen to expand in Africa where it already operates in Zambia, Morocco, Kenya, Senegal and South Africa.