- GHANA PRESIDENT VISIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AT ADENTAN MUNICIPALITY
- PROVISION OF BUYER SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- COILED TUBING AND PUMPING FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- OPERATIONS WIRELINE SUPERINTENDENCE AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- POWER-2-POWER SUMMIT 2019
KeNHA demolish over 50 structures after issuing a notice just half-hour to the time of demolition.
Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) has demolish over 50 structures in mombasa. The structures were on road reserve for the Mombasa-Mazeras highway. Meanwhile before the demolition, officials issue a notice to the people half-hour before it kick-off.
According to Mr Thomas Karisa, a resident of the area said “This is really inhumane, where are we to get our daily bread. He also said this is the only investment I had and now it is gone.”
During the demolition, More than 100 traders watched helplessly as the bulldozers crushed their premises with police officers offering protection. Meanwhile, KeNHA officials were not allow to speak with the media.
Ms Amida Namale a mother of three said “I am shocked. We never got any notice and I have been on this area for over a year. She also said I had a cloth and textile shop, a hotel which were my only source of income.”
After the demolition, Traders are calling on the President to assist them. They also want the a new or an alternative site to set up businesses which will help them provide for their families.