- EARLY SIGNS OF STABILITY IN GUINEA-BISSAU GIVES HOPE FOR DEVELOPMENT
- MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES TO KICKOFF IN THE GAMBIA AHEAD OF OIC SUMMIT IN 2022
- BUILDING ROADS FOR PEOPLE, NOT FOR CARS
- REMARKS BY AMBASSADOR OF ETHIOPIA TO THE UNITED NATIONS ON AU-LED GERD NEGOTIATIONS
- THE NEW KIPEVU OIL AND GAS TERMINAL IN KENYA
President Uhuru Kenyatta arrives Nakuru County for Simba cement plant unveiling.
Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta is in Nakuru County to officially unveil the Simba cement plant. The plant will aims to ride on the high demand for cement and building materials around the country.
The announcement was made via kenya state house official social media handle. With the plant set to provide up to 700 direct jobs for resident at a production capacity of 750,000 metric tonnes.
President Uhuru Kenyatta is in Nakuru County to officially open the Simba Cement Nakuru Grinding Plant. The cement plant whose production capacity is 750,000 metric tonnes has created upto 700 direct jobs @GovLeeKinyanjui @RavalNarendra pic.twitter.com/VrOQvxZwwr
— State House Kenya (@StateHouseKenya) January 28, 2020
Nakuru County was chosen due to its status as the most populated urban centres in Kenya. It also offers a massive opportunities for attracting rapid urbanization and its associated economic and social benefits within the project area.
The new plant is expected to have green building design principles, construction and operational practices. This will aim to reduce or eliminate the negative impact of development on the environment and people.