GE drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE is looking for Lead Engineer to demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals.
Lead Engineer will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As a Lead Generator Product Service Engineer, you will:
- Analyze conditions reported from the field and determine actions needed to resolve problems, while maximizing Customer and GE profitability, and ensuring continued safe and reliable equipment operation
- Leverage expertise to resolve problems in the field by collaborating with site team
- Lead and conduct Root Cause Investigations and Analysis (RCI/RCA)
- Author customer communications, including: TILs (Technical Information Letter), PSSB (Product Service Safety Bulletin), PSIB (Product Service Information Bulletin), and Safety communications
- Support GE businesses, supplier, and internal / external customers
- Support service programs, fulfillment, and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Provide proactive and strong contribution to quality, productivity and cost out projects
- Interact and collaborate with regional and global teams of engineers and cross functions to resolve problems with tight time constraints
- Make timely technical decisions autonomously when the situation dictates
- Lead and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as manufacturing, sourcing, services, design engineering, field engineering, projects, etc.
Travel to customer locations to:
A. Support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion
B. GE’s commitment to technical solutions
C. support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability goals
D. provide commercial teams with technical support for sales and services proposal activities.
- Communicate progress to all levels of the organization
- Make recommendations after analysis of the data using quality tools
- Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
- Develop and implement training modules as necessary
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university
- Around 8 years of engineering experience, including 5 years of Generator engineering experience or generator machinery diagnostics, Electrical system and its associated equipments/accessories,
- Must be willing to travel 25 to 40%
- Fluent in English and/or Arabic
- Must be willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency issue resolution·
- Must be willing to accept a local hiring in Egypt or Lebanon. This is NOT a GME assignment.
- Six Sigma / Lean training experience
- Strong electrical system understanding and analytical background, strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, strong connect with core design or manufacturing will be an added advantage
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
For more details Click HERE