- KeNHA ANNOUNCED CLOSURE OF LANG'ATA ROAD FOR FOOTBRIDGE ERECTION IN KENYA
- ETHIOPIA PRIME MINSTER INAUGURATE NEWLY BUILT SCIENCE MUSEUM
- NIGERIA FIRST LADY CALLS FOR GOVT. TO TAKE OVER CONSTRUCTION OF PTSD MEDICAL CENTRE
- HOW AFRICA's OIL & GAS RESOURCES CAN HELP ACCELERATE ENERGY SECURITY
- GHANA ENGINEERING INSTITUTE SAYS MEMBERS NEEDS TO FIND INNOVATIVE SOLUTION TO DIFFERENT PROJECT
Finance Minister of Malawi, Felix Mlusu had unveiled the Tonse Alliance government’s maiden budget for two infrastructural projects in Lilongwe.
According to Mlusu, the two projects will be the construction of an indoor netball court project as well as the construction of Mzuzu Youth Centre with both projects expected to commence during the 2020/21 financial year.
Quoting Mlusu, “Government will commence the construction of indoor netball court and the Mzuzu Youth Centre,”
Mlusu further disclosed that, the rehabilitation of Kamuzu Institute for Sports will also be done.
Meanwhile, the sport complex which was originally slated to be located at Njamba Park in Blantyre, will now be constructed in Area 48 near Bingu National Stadium (BNS) in the capital, Lilongwe.
It is expected that the arena will be the first of its kind in Malawi. As it will have a modern court, shops and offices for netball and would also benefit other minority sports such as volleyball and basketball.
Source: Nyasa Times