- 10th Young Professionals Sustainability Imbizo happening In-Person
- ENGINEERS READY FOR BRIDGE CONNECTION PROJECT IN LIBERIA
- GHANA PRESIDENT CUT SOD FOR VACCINE MANUFACTURING FACILTIES IN RWANDA
- CONSTRUCTION OF TWO MINISTRY IN NAMIBIA ABANDONED DUE TO POOR WORKMANSHIP
- ETHIOPIA TELL EU TO RECONSIDER ITS BIASE STANCE ON GERD PROJECT
Malawi Government has handed over the construction of the K69 billion Marka-Bangula Railway line project to the contractor, China Railway Bureau Group 20 fondly known as CR20.
The ceremony took place at the Malawi Mozambique border at Marka in Nsanje where Principal Secretary for the Ministry of Transport and Public Works Hastings Chiudzu, asked the contractor to finish the project within 18 months time frame.
The 72-kilometer railway construction project, will/now start with a feasibility study and is expected to end in 18 months.
Chiudzu said Malawians have waited for too long, and it’s time for the people of Nsanje to benefit from the project. He said there is no doubt, that China railway 20, the contractor, will do a good job.
Chief project manager for CR20, Xiony Zongshu said they are ready to deliver, and Malawians should expect quality and international standard railway lines and depots in between.
DC for Nsanje Dr. Medson Matchaya said the people of Nsanje are the first beneficiaries of the project, as more people will get employment
Mozambique has already constructed its part from Marka to the port of Beira, and Malawi after the completion of its line from Marka to Mchinji, later, will ensure a smooth link of transporting goods among countries in the Sadc region and beyond.