- TWO TOWNS GETTING NEW FACELIFT DUE TO ROAD PROJECTS IN KENYA
- CALLS FOR ILLEGAL BRICK MAKERS TO BE EMBRACE INTENSIFIED IN ZIMBABWE
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS HANDLING NKHATA BAY MARKET PROJECT END TWO WEEKS STRIKE IN MALAWI
- ANGOLA GOVT. ANNOUNCE NEW ERA FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
- SA GOVT. OUTLINE STRATEGY TO PROTECT RAIL INFRASTRUCTURES
Government of Malawi has warn contractors handling the Mzimba Stadium and M’mbelwa District Council office complex to stop inflating construction cost.
Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MoLRD), Deputy Minister, Harima Daudi while taking a tour on both construction site said they should not be influenced by corrupt politicians who wants to steal the nation money.
Quoting Daudi, “Do not allow ministers, members of parliament or councilors to coax you to inflate the costs of these projects. Once you are found doing this, government will not hesitate to arrest you.”
She also noted that the country would have developed to greater heights if tax payers’ money was used for the intended purposes but corrupt people had been busy using the money for their personal benefit thereby robbing Malawians of development.
She further stated that the Tonse alliance government will make sure that funds are available so that all outstanding projects are completed in time.
Read full details on Malawi News Agency