- WINDER VACANCY AT GE ELECTRIC, ALGERIA
- CHINA OFFERED TO REBUILD INFRASTRUCTURE IN CHIMANIMANI AFTER CYCLONE IDAI
- MAINTENANCE METHODS ENGINEER AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- WELLHEAD AND XMAS TREE FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- NIGERIA GOVERNMENT APPROVES CONSTRUCTION OF NEW UNIVERSITY BUILDING
Nigeria’s Minister for Power, Works and Housing has announced that the award of contract for the development of basic infrastructure as sign of commitment to the Mambilla power plant project
He said the government approved the first contract of over US $ 2.1 million for demarcation of specific area of land for the project, leading to enumeration and resettlement preparatory to construction of the Mambilla Hydro Power Project.
ABOUT MAMBILLA POWER PROJECT
The proposed Mambilla Power Project is one of Africa’s (and Nigeria’s) biggest dam projects. Despite the prolonged delays, this award will go a long way in boosting investor confidence. The government is struggling to raise capital to finance the huge project design to generate 3050MW. Nigeria needs infrastructural projects like this to enable the economy after the recession. The project will consume more than 18 million bags of cements. Thereby, requiring about 22,500 trucks for different construction services. In essence, the economic impact of Mambilla is huge.