Bosch Projects (Pty) Ltd, a member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings group of companies, founded in 1961, has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. This position will be based in Durban and reports directly to the Sugar & Industrial Divisional Manager.
The Sugar & Industrial Division undertakes sugar and industrial projects in both the public and private sectors globally. Typical projects involve multi-disciplinary engineering and project management in the sugar, paper and pulp, brewing and FMCG, materials handling, and related industrial process plant sectors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing, maintaining and taking responsibility for mechanical engineering deliverables within a highly variable project environment, including:
Equipment technical specifications, lists and detailed datasheets;
Plant layouts and general arrangement drawings;
Input to process flow diagrams and P&IDs;
Piping drawings and isometrics;
Process vessel and pumped piping system design and analyses;
Tender enquiry documents and adjudications,
Feasibility study costing;
Construction management and quality control;
Commissioning and O&M documentation;
- Effective contribution to multi-disciplinary engineering project teams;
- Interfacing directly with mentors, project managers, discipline engineers and design draughtspersons;
- Assisting the Divisional Manager with new business opportunities and marketing visits; and
- Effectively interfacing with Clients and stakeholders throughout the project life-cycle;
The ideal Candidate should:
- Have a BSc / BEng degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Have a minimum of four years engineering experience accrued working as a mechanical engineer in a relevant industrial environment or engineering consulting company (sugar industry experience would be an added advantage);
- Possess a thorough understanding of engineering projects and a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines; Civil, Process, Structural, Instrumentation and Electrical;
- Have a keen interest in technology and continuous improvement;
- Have effective computer skills e.g. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, 3D Mechanical Engineering Design Software packages;
- Have experience in equipment, product storage, and piping system designs
- Be an honest and effective communicator, capable of managing deliverables against strict deadlines;
- Be proactive and able to take initiative in order to achieve desirable outcomes;
- Have strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Be prepared to travel within and outside RSA borders;
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Apply by sending a concise CV, including salary expectation and availability to: Chantall Venter | Email: Careers@boschholdings.co.za
Closing date: 27th January 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.