- WINDER VACANCY AT GE ELECTRIC, ALGERIA
- CHINA OFFERED TO REBUILD INFRASTRUCTURE IN CHIMANIMANI AFTER CYCLONE IDAI
- MAINTENANCE METHODS ENGINEER AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- WELLHEAD AND XMAS TREE FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- NIGERIA GOVERNMENT APPROVES CONSTRUCTION OF NEW UNIVERSITY BUILDING
Gabon, a nation blest with abundant oil reserve has been under high alert following a failed coup in the capital city of Libreville. Gabon’s president, Mr. Ali Bongo Ondimba has been in power since October 2009. However, his ailing health condition has caused so much tension in the country. Mr. Ali suffered a stroke in October 2018, and has been receiving treatment in Morocco. Despite sending a new message from Morocco, some citizens still feel a vacuum in leadership.
The nation woke up to this video on the national media of men baring arms. The leader, Lieutenant Kelly Ondo Obiang announced the seizure of power while identifying himself as deputy commander of the Republican Guard and president of the Patriotic Youth Movement of the Gabonese Defence and Security Forces.
In this video, he criticised “the high military hierarchy” for tolerating the president’s lies about his health. Making reference to the President’s New Year’s speech made in Morocco.
THE NEW YEAR MESSAGE FROM GABON’S PRESIDENT
The situation is currently under control as Gabon’s government said the chief military rebel who announced the coup attempt on state radio as been arrested. This incident puts the country in an uncomfortable state as it tries to attract foreign investments.