- BIG AND BOLD: SMART TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMS ACCESS TO ENERGY
- NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR BOSCH EAST AFRICA - A MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONSULTING ENGINEERING FIRM
- BOTSWANA SEEKS FUNDING FOR 125KM RAIL LINK TO BOOST EXPORT OPPORTUNITIES
- PRESIDENT EL-SISI INSPECTS ROAD CONSTRUCTION THAT WILL SUPPORT ONGOING GIANT NATIONAL PROJECTS
- CESA STRONGLY CONDEMNS THE ACTIONS OF VANDALS AMID COVID PANDEMIC
Nelson Mandela Bay is facing serious drought phenomenon, causing the Algoa Water Supply System with six dams supplying water to the area to decline to paltry 10.9% levels in the past week. One of the major dams in the [Algoa Water Supply System], Kouga Dam is almost empty at 4.2%.
Hence, a total of 100 water tanks and 10 tankers have been procured and delivered to Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality to ease water supply challenges due to the ongoing drought effects in the area.
The procurement and the delivery of water tanks and tankers by Rand Water comes after Water and Sanitation Minister Lindiwe Sisulu visited the area in April, where she made a commitment that the services of the entity will be enlisted to supplement the existing efforts to deal with drought effects in the area.