- GHANA PRESIDENT VISIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AT ADENTAN MUNICIPALITY
- PROVISION OF BUYER SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- COILED TUBING AND PUMPING FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- OPERATIONS WIRELINE SUPERINTENDENCE AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- POWER-2-POWER SUMMIT 2019
Nigeria unveils its new national airline.
Nigeria unveils name and logo of its new national airline. The new national airline – Nigeria Air – is ready to start operating in December. Its unveiling took place in London on Wednesday by the Minister of State for Aviation in Nigeria Mr Hadi Sirika at the Farnborough International Airshow. He also stated that the carrier is private sector-driven, and is therefore a “business” rather than a “social service”. The airline is to operate on at least 91 routes, with 41 been international.
This is a big news for Nigeria as the new national carrier is getting off the ground 15 years after the previous airline. Nigeria’s previous carrier, the Nigeria Airways Ltd, was founded in 1958 after the dissolution of West African Airways Corporation (WAAC) but ceased operations in 2003.
“The Nigerian government will not be in the running of this airline or decides who runs it. Also the governmernt will not own more than five per cent of the airline. The investors will have full responsibility for it” says Mr Sirika
This is indeed an important news for Nigerians. It is an avenue to create jobs for Nigerians and improve capacity of air travel in the country.