- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021: ENCOURAGING THE TOUGH DISCUSSIONS NEEDED TO DRIVE SA’S ECONOMIC RECOVERY
- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021 DAY 2 HIGHLIGHTS COMPLEX REALITIES OF PROFESSIONALISING THE PUBLIC SERVICE: GROUP EFFORT ESSENTIAL TO PREVENT A FAILED STATE
- IS AFRICA’S ENERGY SECTOR READY FOR MORE DATA CENTRES?
- USD 13.9MILLION ELECTRICITY PROJECT INAUGURATED TO SUPPLY MORE THAN 12,000 HOMES IN COMOROS
- FIRST HOSPITAL SPECIALISED IN MATERNITY AND CHILDREN IN THE HORN OF AFRICA, DJIBOUTI
The Palm Jumeriah island – the first man made island in Dubai
The Palm Jumeriah island is an artificial offshore islands in Dubai. The island takes the shape of a palm tree, consisting of a trunk and 17 fronds. It is a chain of various islands looking like a palm tree. The Palm Jumeirah island is known for glitzy hotels, posh apartment towers and upmarket global restaurants. It is the exclusive top spot for world class chain.
The Palm Islands in Dubai did not just come to be. Over a 100 studies helped to define the feasibility of the project. More than 32 million cubic meters of ocean sand were used to make what we see today. And it’s spectacular, you have to admit.
In 2015, The Palm received the crown for the third most Instagrammed hotel in the world by the official Instagram yearly review.
It is has the world’s largest water-slide and the longest zip-line in the middle east. It also have the world’s first dual waterslide within a waterslide. Isn’t that amazing.
There are over 23 dinning choices with 400 chefs serving over 15,00 meals per day. Also there are three (3) outlets by great chefs like Gordon Ramsay, Giorgio Locattelli and Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa. Now that got me salivating.
Did i forget to mention, there is also an underwater dinning restaurant. Wow, you get to dine and enjoy the view of the Aqua life.
There are about 1,539 rooms, 5,600m2 meeting and function space and also 40 boutique and shops inside the island.
A stay at any of the signature suites offers butler service, unlimited access to aqua-venture, complimentary shallow water dolphin interaction, daily breakfast, afternoon tea, evening cocktail, as well as free passage into the imperial club. Now that’s tempting.
Apart from the plentiful things available on the Palm Island of Dubai, there is splendid Dubai Nightlife and also water fun activities. This certainly makes this place a wonderful spot for the residents as well as avid travelers.