At Total South Africa, the safety of people and operations, environmental protection, customer satisfaction and listening to stakeholders are core concerns. Total is looking for Project Engineer to join their logistic team in South Africa.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for the following activities:
Depot engineering and construction:
- You will support and monitor the implementation of the investment program for NBE.
- Review project feasibility studies for engineering and construction projects; documentation, drawings for NBE
- Ensure that the NBE Engineers submit and obtain local authorities required approvals and prepare and obtain approval for MOC documentations.
- Participate in negotiating the supply of equipment and engineering contracts with the service providers, in collaboration with the purchasing division.
- Guide NBE in planning, organizing, controlling and executing field construction activities, within a given time and budget.
- Ensure incorporation of local legislation requirements, Group standards and best practices to all engineering and construction projects
- You will provide regular updates to the technical manager regarding the NBE projects and providing explanations on any delay with regard to the projects.
- You will make use of the PPO Project Management tool for Project Management, Document Repository, and Management Reporting.
- Ensure all project data added/uploaded is in compliance with the System Health and Governance rules (set up within PPO), thereby ensuring accurate monitoring of projects.
- Ensure assets for all completed projects are added to the asset register and demolished Assets are also removed from the asset register. Data Packs and Safety files handed over to the site on completion of the work.
Head Office Maintenance
- You will maintain Head Office assets cost-effectively, maintain equipment to their original state of repairs and on time.
- You will define and categorize equipment that would require preventive or corrective maintenance and Prepare a maintenance schedule
- Set contracts for preventive and predefined maintenance (in collaboration with purchasing).
- You will oversee corrective maintenance through the facility management technicians
- You will oversee preventative maintenance through the facility management team and appointed contractors
- You will promote a safe working environment and positively contributing to the company HSE KPI’s and risk reduction strategies;
- Ensure that HSE competency requirements are enforced within an area of responsibility
- To effectively manage employees through applying the company People Management principles, and to develop, coach and mentor subordinates to promote a positive working environment that will attract and retain skilled staff and increase productivity.
- To ensure effective risk management and internal control, including asset management for Head Office hard services.
- To effectively manage employees through applying the company People Management principles, and to develop, coach and mentor subordinates to promote a positive working environment that will attract and retain skilled staff and increase productivity – Facility Management Company – Hard Services.
Context and environment
You will oversee the management of all outsourced engineering and construction work through the optimal utilization of the service providers (contractors and consultants). Engineering is a service provider to operations and marketing departments; Legal and HSEQ. You will need to comply with Local and Group regulations and standards.
You have a BSc or BTech in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years of general experience in the oil industry. You have sound experience in the engineering and construction of logistics and marketing assets.
The team will appreciate your high level of problem-solving ability, negotiating skills, tenacity and your ability to challenge and identify problems.
For more details Click HERE