- THE RETURN OF THE GARDEN CITY
- THE YOUNG ENGINEERS VIEW: WHERE DO YOU STAND?
- Protecting lives and livelihoods: CESA unpacks skills development and sustainability in the construction industry
- Building Long Term Power Partnerships
- Electric mining vehicles and fast battery chargers are set to offer safer and more sustainable mining in Africa
Job Title: Project Structural Engineer
Reports to: Country Director; Director of Engineering; senior engineer
Competency level: Registered
Overview / job purpose:
- Carry out desk top study with a view of developing site investigation scope/specifications and reviewing results of site investigation report
- Idealization of the structure into load bearing frames and elements for analysis and design.
- Estimation of loads as per the relevant codes of practice
- Analysis to determine the maximum moments, thrusts, and shears for design for the different types of construction materials.
- Design of sections and reinforcement arrangements for slabs, beams, columns, stairs walls and any other structural elements using he results from the analysis.
- Prepare general arrangement drawings for the final design, building regulation and control, tender and construction purposes.
- Attend internal and external meetings as part of the design team, following up action points and contributing to agenda items where appropriate
- Take responsibility for engineering tasks and perform associated calculations and analysis.
- Prepare detailed drawings of individual structural elements and connection details.
- Prepare contract documents and drawings for building regulation and control, tender and construction purposes.
- Ensure compliance with project QMS and HSE procedures.
- Liaise with material and equipment suppliers.
- Attend site meetings.
- Carry out site inspections.
- Prepare necessary reports for contractual submittal reviews.
- Coach, mentor and assist less experienced staff.
- Contribute to the management and development of the Company and the people.
- Contribute to continual improvement and feedback.
Staff Responsibilities and Non-staff Resources:
- The post holder is expected to work as a team with other members of staff in the Company and is not expected to supervise others’ work.
- Effectively manage own time which may be allocated to more than one project.
- Maintain and improve the reputation of the Company within the marketplace.
- Required to supervise several small teams and co-ordinate available resources.
- Responsible for performance management issues and recommending disciplinary actions.
Applications outlining your aspirations and including a CV and portfolio should be emailed to:
Source: FBW Group