Chilewa Investments Limited acts as intermediaries to recruit, build capacities, train and manage competent contract staffs, lease equipment and provide transportation services, and also mediate for Oil & Gas companies.
Chilewa Investments Limited, a manpower and Oil & Gas logistics support services provider, is currently recruiting for a BUYER SERVICES to an Exploration and Production (E&P) Company in Port Harcourt.
The E&P company, is a company operating in the upstream sector of the Nigerian hydrocarbon industry for more than 50 years and also accounting for over 3 billion barrels of oil equivalent to Nigeria’s production to date.
- Ensure 100% compliance to COMPANY rules, SOX and local rules
- Ensure the establishment of suitable lists of potential bidders in accordance with vendor management policiesand procedures to obtain good value for money.
- Always ensure that Purchases are made with the best possible compromise between, lead time, value and quality
- Handle Purchases in the Lab Office designated to him through PR assignment
- Analyze all Purchase Requisitions for adequate material specification, budget authorizations and cost centers to
which the purchases are being charged.
- Review all PRs assigned, Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compile tender packages and organize call
for tender / request for quotation, ensure the use of e- sourcing tools and in line with approved guidelines.
- Answer to tenderers requests for clarification by liaising with USER entities.
- Study, compare and evaluate offers in order to have the most economical and contractual advantageous
- Optimize Purchases by all means possible; bringing their professional experience to bear, with emphasis on
making Savings for the Company
- Pay attention to TUCN General Conditions and terms of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- Organize and lead negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of POs and escalates
difficult situations to hierarchies.
- Issue RTAs in Duet with Métier Partners
- Where applicable to clearly state in purchase orders QA/QC requirements (in the form of Mill/Test Certificates,
MSDS, other certificates).
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception and payment
– Ensure rapid and correct validation of POs
– Ensure reception of acknowledgement of receipt for PO’s from suppliers
– Ensure Suppliers’ deliveries on time
– Follow-up of goods receipt until affiliate’s central warehouse.
– Negotiate and solve all changes leading to amendment from Métier Partners or suppliers/contractors
– Clarify discrepancies between material received and orders, if any with suppliers
- Input all purchase data in SAP
- Generate and provide periodic reports of purchasing activities or any other reports requested by management.
- Shall perform any other duties assigned by the Domain Manager from time to time
Services to be performed by the CONTRACTOR shall include the following, but without limitation:
- Material Purchases of $120m from over 2900 POs per annum
- Approximately 16,000 registered suppliers and 100 new supplier applications per year.
- Importation 1,400 Tons Sea Freight and 10 Tons of Air Freight, via 1400 importation files.
- Supervised staff: 5
- C&P Business Tools including UNISUP, AGORA, SEQUANA, ARIBA, AVL, e-TRACE & NIPEX
- Interfaces: Foreign and Local Manufacturers/Suppliers, other subsidiaries, User Departments, Various
Government Ministries and Agencies, NAPIMS, Banks, Scanning Companies, other third parties.
– Ensure compliance of the purchasing process with all internal Company’s rules (including guide to conduct)
and all applicable laws and regulation (JV rules, TUCN, Country laws…)
– Give special attention to safety material in order to ensure all safety requirements such as testing,
certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per company requirements and local government
– Ensure the application of Total and/or affiliate General Terms and Conditions for purchase of equipment
– Ensure the good administration and filing of all the purchasing documents and ensure that all approvals,
justifications, circulation forms etc., are filed in line with the applicable procedures.
- Participate to improving of purchasing practices, procedures & reference documentation
- Inform requesters during all the Purchasing Process (ref. E&P supply chain fundamentals)
- MUST maintain adequate Follow-up with Duets in the User Departments supported
- Participate to evaluating suppliers with Métier Partners
- Contribute to reporting Key Performance Indicators
- Use Market Intelligence information, Cost models, target prices, etc.
- Be in constant alignment with H3SE Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid
danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution
- Participate actively in H3SE meetings, training sessions and drills and co-operate actively in the execution of
- Implement the H3SE clauses within C&P documents
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Lack of planning from User department leading to urgent requirements.
- Complex market and heavy local content pressure in Oil & Gas Industry (Local Content, Community Content,
Carbotage law and large number of vendors requiring development in matters of HSE and Quality Assessment.
- Purchasing is vital to ensure continuity of affiliate’s operational and production activities. The job involves
regular contact with local and international suppliers. The buyer is expected to pay special attention to local
agency regulations when placing orders.
SERVICE PERSONNEL PROFILE
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added
- Minimum 0 – 5 years’ experience in Oil and Gas Industry with good knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the
company in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
SERVICE Scheme and Location:
- Resident – Standard Office hours, 5 days a week
- Port Harcourt Office, Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested applicants should therefore send their curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: CV file name should be in the following format: “Position Applied for – Your Name”
Example: “BUYER SERVICES – John Doe”
DEADLINE IS THURSDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2019