- BIG AND BOLD: SMART TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMS ACCESS TO ENERGY
- NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR BOSCH EAST AFRICA - A MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONSULTING ENGINEERING FIRM
- BOTSWANA SEEKS FUNDING FOR 125KM RAIL LINK TO BOOST EXPORT OPPORTUNITIES
- PRESIDENT EL-SISI INSPECTS ROAD CONSTRUCTION THAT WILL SUPPORT ONGOING GIANT NATIONAL PROJECTS
- CESA STRONGLY CONDEMNS THE ACTIONS OF VANDALS AMID COVID PANDEMIC
Chilewa Investments Limited acts as intermediaries to recruit, build capacities, train and manage competent contract staffs, lease equipment and provide transportation services, and also mediate for Oil & Gas companies.
Chilewa Investments Limited, a manpower and Oil & Gas logistics support services provider, is currently recruiting for the PROVISION OF CALLOUT/SPOT LIFTING SUPERVISOR SERVICES to an Exploration and Production (E&P) Company in Port Harcourt.
The E&P company, is a company operating in the upstream sector of the Nigerian hydrocarbon industry for more than 50 years and also accounting for over 3 billion barrels of oil equivalent to Nigeria’s production to date.
Services to be performed by the CONTRACTOR shall include the following, but without limitation:
- Provide expertise in daily handling & lifting activities including selection of equipment for lifting operations
- Promote safe handling and lifting operation referring COMPANY HSE police and international standard
- Supervised lifting operation and ensuring compliance to approved lifting plan
- Performance of toolbox talks, and Post-job debriefs
- Assessment of completed jobs
- Review of generic lift plans
- Review complicated and complex lift plan and attend the lifts
- Advice contractor on best lifting practices
- Coach and mentor contractor personnel at site
- Perform condition check and fitness for purpose on lifting appliances, CCUs, and evaluate their utilization on site
- Provide lifting and handling expertise advice to RSES and RSES-D
- Risk assessment and hazard identification
- Report anomaly
SERVICE PERSONNEL PROFILE
- Minimum 5 years in the lifting & handling industry at supervisory level
- Technical Engineer degree (HND or BSc) and Industry related qualifications such as LEEA / NSLetc
- Broad and extensive knowledge in handling & lifting appliance & operations
- Working to International standards such as: BS, LOLER, etc!
- Experienced in Oil & Gas Industry
- Worked in onshore & offshore operations
- Risk assessment in relation to health, safety & environment
- Supervision of critical lifts
- Planning of critical and non-critical lifts
- Ensures that all applicable Company Rules (e.g. CR EP HSE 043) and COMPANY Lifting Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by all personnel involved in lifting operations.
- Ensure that the SLS Pre-lift Checklist is completed and signed prior to the lifting operation.
- Responsible for the application of appropriate procedures and methodologies to ensure that major hazards associated with lifting operations in JV Offshore sites are properly assessed and managed in line with Lifting Management System (LMS)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should therefore send their curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: CV file name should be in the following format: “Position Applied for – Your Name”
Example: ”CALLOUT/SPOT LIFTING SUPERVISOR SERVICES” – John Doe”