- KENYA SCOUTS FOR INTERNATIONAL LENDERS TO SPONSOR WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE FOOTBRIDGE.
- PILE LOAD TESTING ONGOING FOR GARRISON FLYOVER
- KENYA BEGINS THE SECOND PHASE OF THE RAILWAY PROJECT
- SOUTH AFRICA's POWER CUT WILL CONTINUE UNTIL ESKOM TACKLES THE CHALLENGES AT HAND
- 2.5 MEGAWATT SOLAR FARM FOR UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
Qatar representatives meet with Somalia’s prime minister over plans to build a new seaport in Hobyo, Somalia.
The Qatari group arrived in Mogadishu, the capital, on Monday and is led by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs H E Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani
In a press conference following the meeting, the Ministry of Transportation and Communications said Qatar Ports Management Company will enter an investment partnership with Somalia to build the port, without giving out much details.
ADVANTAGES OF THE HOBYO PORT CONSTRUCTION?
Hobyo is an important Somali port owing to its proximity to the Bab-el-Mandeb Strait, which is one of the most important sea crossing points in the world, with the potential for access to international markets.
Aweys Jama stressed that the launch of the Hobyo Port construction project will create jobs for citizens and contribute to the country’s economy.
The Minister of Transport and Communications, H E Jassim added that the investment will also open new horizons for cooperation between the two countries and bolster Somalia’s commercial ties to new markets in Africa.