At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. Weatherford is looking for Quality Control Engineer to join their Egypt office.
Implement and maintain all Weatherford Policies and Procedures.
Understand and comply with quality management and ISO systems.
Must understand and comply with all safety rules, quality system, and company policies of Weatherford.
Process information and produce documents with high levels of accuracy and ensure information goes out error-free.
Provides quality control inspection activities to ensure that in-house repaired, and purchased products/equipment are in accordance with customers’ and Weatherford Egypt requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Receives equipment/tools sent by customers and compares amount and description of tools with the cargo manifest.
- Prepares and maintains records of inspection; or in case of discrepancy, records number of defective items and informs the supervisor.
- Uses measurement equipment to inspect all manufactured and repaired equipment to ensure conformance with recognized standards (i.e., The American Petroleum Institute (API)), mechanical drawings and manufacturing technical specifications.
- Records inspection, examination, and testing data.
- Initiates non-conforming product/equipment reports upon detection of any non-conforming products or initiates a routing sheet certifying the repair/manufacture is successfully completed.
- On as needed basis, may go to customers’ facilities (yard) to perform equipment inspection.
- Examines and inspects purchased raw materials to ensure compliance with Weatherford’ requirements, pertinent purchase order & suppliers’ material test certificate.
- Prepares receiving reports and files them.
- Tests and calibrates measurements of tools/instruments and compares their accuracy to Weatherford-established standards and instrument’s manuals to ensure they are measuring correctly. Calibrating the equipment is perform on a quarterly or semi-annual basis, based on the type of the instrument.
- Tests and Calibrates measurement tools in El-Salam Base every four month.
- Produces technical sketches and drawings to be used by the machine technicians for all machine shop work, based on customers’ requirements.
- Provides leadership and training to any lower-level QC Inspectors on the use of equipment and procedures to be followed.
Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Weatherford quality and ISO systems, The American Petroleum Institute (API) standards, and customers’ standards on individual projects/tasks.
- Must have knowledge & use of inspection tools, calibers, micrometers, & other similar tools.
- Knowledge of Machine Shop activities, relevant paperwork, procedures, and systems affecting the shop work to enable accurate processing of customer’s requests.
- Must be able to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and manufacturing specifications.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software packages needed to support the documentation, analysis and retention of quality records.
- Good communication & interpersonal.
Team player – accuracy and attention to details.
B.Sc. of Engineering
1-2 years of experience in quality control inspection with Oil & Gas company.
For more Details Click HERE