- MINISTER LAY FOUNDATION STONE FOR MINI-STADIUM CONSTRUCTION IN GAMBIA
- NDPHC TO COMPLETE 2000 MEGAWATT POWER STATION IN NIGERIA
- GHANA PRESIDENT COMMISSION FIRST MICRO POWER GENERATING STATION
- KeNHA ANNOUNCED T-MALL FLYOVER TO BE COMPLETED IN 2024
- NAMIBIA GOVT APPROVED FUND FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN NEONATAL UNIT
Rwanda’s Nyabugogo area set for major revamp after appointment of contractor.
Flood prone Nyabugogo area is set for a major revamp after the hiring of a contractor. The recent downpour in Nyabugogo area has killed people and also paralysed business which resulted in the project.
According to report, the implementation of US$2.6m (Rwf2.5 billion) will help contain the flood as work will kick-off next week. It will also improve the resilience of the Nyabugogo area to flooding by enhancing the hydraulic conveyance capacity of Mpazi channel and Nyabugogo River.
Meanwhile from the design, Mpazi drainage channel will be expanded while two major bridges will be widened as well to enable direct flow of drainage water into Nyabugogo River.
As part of the expansion of the drainage, some building will have to give way. Such building like the one owned by Mirimo near by the river while, building near Nyabugogo Bus Park will also be moved.
Challenges with the flood
Resident and business owners has suffered the more from the flooding challenges. With business operators suggesting different ways to help deal with the flood. Some suggest that measures to curb dumping on streets and drainage channels should be looked at by the government.