- CONTRACT AWARDED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF KATSINA-DUTSIN-MA-KANKARA ROAD
- LARGEST LUXURY HOUSING ESTATE IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA DEVELOPED BY A GAMBIAN
- JESHIKA RAMCHUND SPEAKS ON THE NEED TO MAKE STEM AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP A FIRST CHOICE
- YOUNG ENGINEERS LEADING THE WAY: VIDEO CAMPAIGN
- EXPERTS ANALYSE THE KEY TO AFRICA'S POST COVID-19 ECONOMIC PROSPERITY
Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB) has announced it’s plans to address growing deficit of affordable housing in the City of Kigali.
The plans involves targeting availing properties valued at not more that Rwf35m which is the threshold for affordable houses in the country according to Rwanda Housing Authority.
The pension body will avail land for the firms to set up model houses for exhibition and invite RSSB subscribers to select the most ideal houses on the basis of quality, cost among other aspects.
According to RSSB Director-General Regis Rugemanshuro, the new housing model has been developed by blending previous real estate investments by the firm with trends in the local market.
He further noted that this will feature the public’s inputs unlike previous housing project. That the new project will be on the basis of demand with buyers’ commitment fees prior to commencement of construction.
The affordable housing project is one of RSSB pipeline investments in the new 5 year strategic plan which officials said has a members’ first orientation and operational efficiency.
Read full details on New Times