- MINISTER LAY FOUNDATION STONE FOR MINI-STADIUM CONSTRUCTION IN GAMBIA
- NDPHC TO COMPLETE 2000 MEGAWATT POWER STATION IN NIGERIA
- GHANA PRESIDENT COMMISSION FIRST MICRO POWER GENERATING STATION
- KeNHA ANNOUNCED T-MALL FLYOVER TO BE COMPLETED IN 2024
- NAMIBIA GOVT APPROVED FUND FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN NEONATAL UNIT
Rwanda Governmemt is discussing plans to restore kanyonyomba Bridge which was ruptured last week following heavy rains that left the river flooded. The bridge has for more than a week paralyzed movement between the two Eastern Province districts.
Rwanda Transport Development Agency (RTDA) officials after visiting the site said Bugesera District officials and the Engineering Brigade of Rwanda Defence Force which specializes in bridge construction, the parties agreed on the Thursday meeting during which they will have a clear roadmap.
Director-General of RTDA, Imena Munyampenda said “We are in talks with Engineering Brigade to establish a temporary bridge soon such that the road can be opened to traffic.”
According to him, building a permanent bridge, would also require waiting for the dry season when the water levels are down to facilitate construction of a firm foundation beneath the waters.