- SECURING SUSTAINABLE, QUALITY, AND INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS BY AFRICANS, FOR AFRICA
- STADE DE YAMOUSSOUKRO CONSTRUCTION IS NEARING COMPLETION
- EGYPT’S NEW CAR MARKET CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 4,000 CARS
- PHOTO UPDATE: CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND IN ADDIS ABABA
- ESWATINI LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE REHABILITATION OF ROADS
BOURBON provides three operating activities (Marine & Logistics, Mobility and Subsea Services) and also protects the French coastline for the French Navy.
Roles and responsibilities
The Second Engineer is directly responsible and accountable to the Chief Engineer, but with due consideration for the master’s overall command, from whom the Second Engineer also has a duty to comply with any legal orders and instructions.
- Has whatever authority the Chief Engineer delegates upon him/her with regard to the technical department’s on-board, subordinates engineering officers and ratings assigned to work therein.
- Shall support the Chief Engineer by carrying out any legal orders and / or instructions issued by the Chief Engineer when such orders and / or instructions are sound and within the accepted practices of good seamanship.
- Shall apply, follow and encourage Company policy and procedures in the performance of all tasks, with special emphasis on the protection of the environment and pollution prevention.
- Shall ensure that Company policy and procedure is rigorously maintained with all technical and engineering related job and task planning, with special emphasis on the correct use and application of PPE, safety equipment, Risk Assessment, JSA use, Checklists, Pre-task “tool box talks” and all other safety precautions relating to job and task performance.
- In accordance with the Chief Engineer’s orders and instructions, plan, perform and supervise technical and engineering related operations including the corrective and preventive maintenance and inspection of the vessel’s equipment, machinery and associated plans in accordance with all safe working practices.
- Shall report any technical problems to the Chief Engineer and assisting as applicable with any corrective maintenance, temporary and permanent repairs.
- Shall stand his/her own watch and supervising as required the daily duties of the subordinate engineering officers and engine room assigned ratings.
- Shall load and discharge fuel and other bulk cargoes as applicable in conjunction with the Chief Engineer’s instructions and orders and the vessels accepted procedures.
- Shall familiarize him/herself with the applicable details of the vessel’s emergency signals, stations and procedures.
- Shall familiarize him/herself with the Chief Engineer’s standing orders and fully comply therewith.
- Shall supervise as required all required training and familiarization of junior engine room personnel, particularly when such personnel are new to the vessel.
- Shall assume temporary emergency command of the engine room and act in the place of the Chief Engineer in the event that the Chief Engineer is absent or unable to fulfil his/her functions due to accident, illness, or other causes.
- Shall assist as required in the routine housekeeping care, cleaning and maintenance of the vessel’s machinery, plant and other applicable spaces as may be required or as directed by the Chief Engineer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 towing project
- Must possess experience in tanker lifting/berthing
- Must possess STCW CHIEF Engineer III/2 license
- 6months as 2nd Engineer
- Winch operator.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be meet all Manilla 2010 STCW certificate requirements.
- Must be able to use Microsoft applications.
- International experience will be an added advantage.