- TWO TOWNS GETTING NEW FACELIFT DUE TO ROAD PROJECTS IN KENYA
- CALLS FOR ILLEGAL BRICK MAKERS TO BE EMBRACE INTENSIFIED IN ZIMBABWE
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS HANDLING NKHATA BAY MARKET PROJECT END TWO WEEKS STRIKE IN MALAWI
- ANGOLA GOVT. ANNOUNCE NEW ERA FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
- SA GOVT. OUTLINE STRATEGY TO PROTECT RAIL INFRASTRUCTURES
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future. Dell is looking for Senior Technical Support Engineer to join their Egypt team.
Apply advanced level technical support expertise to resolve highly complex Converged Infrastructure (CI) customer issues.
Customer requests may be received by Support through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from Customers, Partners, CI PS teams and Web Support Calls.
Accept escalated requests from other technical team members as the subject matter expert.
Use independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
Work closely with engineering and cross-functional POD team in resolving customer issues.
Identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex technical problems.
Provide problem determination and resolution for customer issues.
Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures.
Identify and document with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction.
May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources or to Dell, Cisco, Dell EMC and VMware to resolve more complex issues.
Will be expected to participate in solutions based PowerOne and vBlock training and problem resolution skills development.
Develops broad knowledge of the organization’s mission and strategy and relates it to day-to-day issues.
- Applies advanced platform & technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve standard level issues.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution. Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution database may provide senior or expert level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned products or skills.
- Understands and leverages CI technical communication structure. Sphere of influence extends well outside of the department. May be asked to participate in virtual team training and product knowledge sharing meetings.
- Will participate in the creation and maintenance of eService applications such as Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc. Regularly submits content to the knowledge database.
- Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
- As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required as well as occasional travel to customer sites.
- Customer facing experience.
- Understanding of Converged Infrastructure (CI) PowerOne and vBlock solutions.
- vBlock product and/or CI cross-product training is highly desirable.
- Adaptable (ability to quickly learn new technologies as required)
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Problem solving – Ability to be resourceful and “figure things out”
- Self-confidence – Ability to express opinions and influence effectively
- Fluency in one or more PowerOne/vBlock products
- Virtualization – VMWare vSphere – VCP certified or relevant work experience
- Networking – Dell/Cisco switches – CCNA certified or relevant work experience
- Compute – Dell Power Edge/Cisco UCS Blade servers – DCUCI certified or relevant work experience
- Storage – Excellent knowledge of Storage and EMC Storage products, e.g. NAS, Clarion or Symmetrix, VNX, VMAX, Powerpath, UIM, Solutions Enabler, SMC
- SAN – Excellent knowledge of fibre channel switches, esp CISCO MDS
- Fluency in advanced troubleshooting skills, methodologies and processes
- Broad system application and IT knowledge
- Experience in database and application administration
Closing date: 16 September 2020
For more details click HERE