- THE NIGERIAN BUILT INDUSTRY IN THE POST COVID-19 ERA
- CONSTRUCTION OF THE GENERAL SEYNI KOUNTCHE BRIDGE - NAIMEY, NIGER
- EARLY SIGNS OF STABILITY IN GUINEA-BISSAU GIVES HOPE FOR DEVELOPMENT
- MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES TO KICKOFF IN THE GAMBIA AHEAD OF OIC SUMMIT IN 2022
- BUILDING ROADS FOR PEOPLE, NOT FOR CARS
At Shell, we believe in human solutions to global challenges. Discover what you can achieve in a creative and collaborative culture of innovation. Shell is looking for Senior Project Engineer to develop assigned projects from front end design. This will be through detailed design to commissioning and closure.
- Responsible for visible leadership in HSSE to drive Goal Zero.
- Demonstrate high ethical standard
- Develop the scope of assigned projects and progress though the relevant decision gates including preparation of schedules and cost estimate. Projects are usually for topsides facilities.
- Development of contract strategy to execute the assigned scope. Sometime these will need a dedicated contract and thus role may require candidate to be responsible for managing the contract.
- Focus on interface management, interface controls and follow-up.
- Manage the relationships with various discipline engineers, contract packages and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for project controls and ensures that the Portfolio Manager is kept informed of the progress of the work and highlighting significant deviations from plans and providing proposals for remedial actions.
- Preparation of engineering package to define the scope appropriate for the project phase, inline with the expectation of fit-for-purpose project development and the team’s desire to move to top quartile brownfield performance.
- Development, review and approval of contractor quotations and monitoring of their costs.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Make appropriate use of the expertise of Shell to ensure that the project quality and technical integrity requirements are met.
- Engagement with all local government agencies and regulatory authorities.
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower degree in engineering (BSc, BEng or higher) and at least 10 years experience in offshore oil & gas development, preferably FPSO experience.
- More than 3 years experience in project execution in the offshore or deepwater environment, including design, contracting, procurement, fabrication, offshore construction, commissioning, and start-up
- Have a qualification in Project Management.
- Registered with COREN
- High personal energy level and a proven track record in achieving stretched personal and business goals. Able to maintain composure under pressure.
- Skilled in presentation and communications
- Skill in MS Office applications and familiar with Primavera P6
- Strong interpersonal skills able to influence and and develop relationships across teams, and to deliver though others.
- Ability to work and manage in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
DEADLINE: 14 July 2019
For more details click HERE