- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021: ENCOURAGING THE TOUGH DISCUSSIONS NEEDED TO DRIVE SA’S ECONOMIC RECOVERY
- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021 DAY 2 HIGHLIGHTS COMPLEX REALITIES OF PROFESSIONALISING THE PUBLIC SERVICE: GROUP EFFORT ESSENTIAL TO PREVENT A FAILED STATE
- IS AFRICA’S ENERGY SECTOR READY FOR MORE DATA CENTRES?
- USD 13.9MILLION ELECTRICITY PROJECT INAUGURATED TO SUPPLY MORE THAN 12,000 HOMES IN COMOROS
- FIRST HOSPITAL SPECIALISED IN MATERNITY AND CHILDREN IN THE HORN OF AFRICA, DJIBOUTI
Chilewa Investments Limited acts as intermediaries to recruit, build capacities, train and manage competent contract staffs, lease equipment and provide transportation services, and also mediate for Oil & Gas companies.
Chilewa Investments Limited, a manpower and Oil & Gas logistics support services provider, is currently recruiting for a SITE LIFTING SPECIALIST (SLS) / QA QC to an Exploration and Production (E&P) Company in Port Harcourt.
The E&P company, is a company operating in the upstream sector of the Nigerian hydrocarbon industry for more than 50 years and also accounting for over 3 billion barrels of oil equivalent to Nigeria’s production to date.
- Support of all lifting operations in OML 58 Logistics Base/ OBITE pipe yard (Deep water, JV Offshore, Projects)
- Support lifting operations around OML 58 and any other base as requested by management.
JOB CONTENTS/PROBLEM SOLVING (ACTIVITIES)
- Continually liaise with the CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within COMPANY are consistently respected within OBITE pipe yard.
- Ensures that all applicable Company Rules (e.g. CR EP HSE 043) and COMPANY Lifting Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by all personnel involved in lifting operations.
- Ensure integrity compliance of all lifting equipment as required by the relevant company rule.
- Advices OBITE RSESD on issues pertaining to lifting and handling operations,
- Register, maintain and update database for all lifting equipment
- Ensure that all certificates provided meet the minimum standards as prescribed by LOLER and other relevantapplicable standards.
- Ensure safe working load limits (SWL) or working load limits (WLL) of lifting equipment are strictly adhered to, andthis should never be exceeded.
- Carryout a yearly assessments of all dedicated lifting equipments in OBITE pipe yard and justify their capacityutilization
- Develop a rigging loft procedure and ensure that the rigging loft is properly and adequately controlled
- Ensures that lifting equipment and lifting standards are respected in the day to day operations.
- Review Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on Site
- Participate in JSA of critical lifts and attends all critical lifts carried out within OBITE pipe yard.
- Provides expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on site, which include; categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment, technical review (lifting procedures and organizations),
- Assists the CPLO during assessment of personnel competence to carry out lifting of handling operations.
- Ensure that toolbox talk is performed by all personnel at the beginning of each critical lifting operations.
- Performs technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selects lifting equipment proposed for use on sites
- Prepare generic lift plans and carry out its periodic reviews.
- Develops a Site lifting and handling procedures / instructions and ensure its periodic review.
- Coaches and mentor’s personnel involved in lifting and handling operations (crane operators & riggers, etc.)on site.
- Logistics focal point for lifting and handling operations in OBITE pipe yard.
- Brings expertise in the daily lifting/handling operations and can replace the CPLO for critical lifts classified at
risk level 3.
- Responsible for the application of appropriate procedures and methodologies to ensure that major hazards
associated with lifting operations in OBITE pipe yard are properly assessed and managed in line with Lifting Management System (LMS)
1. Familiarize self with COMPANY emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely and report any incident, unsafe act or operation.
2. Ensure all personnel under his / her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring to check compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
▪ Technical Engineering degree
▪ 3 years verifiable experience in lifting and handling operations
▪ Possession of LEEA/NSL up to Level 4
▪ Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of all types of lifting equipments and operations within affiliate. ▪ Ability to prepare or review lifting engineering calculations and risk assessments.
▪ Good knowledge of English
HOW TO APPLYInterested applicants should therefore send their curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: CV file name should be in the following format: “Position Applied for – Your Name”
Example: ”SITE LIFTING SPECIALIST (SLS) / QA QC” – John Doe”